Monday, October 20, 2008

Urgh

Seriously...
I am not looking forward to this week. I have a huge group project due on Sunday night for my business and society class. Nobody out of the 7 people in my group wanted to take charge, so guess who volunteered as leader? (I did it so that we can get the project done early. If we wait for someone to volunteer as a leader, then nothing is going to get done until then.) First of all, I HATE leadership positions. I have no love for these types of jobs at all. But I did it anyway.

Now when I try to get people to throw their ideas out and get things going, they just fire questions away at me like they don't want to actually participate with substantial conversation; basically they answer my requests for them with questions. I don't count this as participation. It's like they expect me to tell them exactly what to do and how to do it. I am just as lost as they are in this project. I've asked them, "How should we divide the work up among us?" I get these back,"When do we meet next? I am so lost, thanks for your help." I ask, "What should we do about this situation that we are dealing with?" They answer,"We really need to get going on this project. Is there a time we can all meet?" DUH!!!!!! We already are meeting! That is what the discussion board is for. There is no way we can get all 7 people from all across the country online at the same time- that is why we are all taking online school; we have LIVES!! I might smack one of them if this continues.

Maybe I will just set an impossible deadline and then whoever doesn't meet it won't get credit. I'd be more than happy to do the whole thing by myself if that's what everyone is wanting. Grr...

1 comment:

  1. You've been tagged! Tell about 7 random or weird things about yourself.

    Hey Chels!! I think I saw you at Fred Meyer the other day, but when I turned to find you I couldn't. It's good to see ya, even if it is online.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete