I put on a movie this morning for Preston to watch (How the Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey), but needless to say, he was too busy to watch; I ended up being the one watching the TV. So Preston was crawling all over the place while knocking things down and making lots of noise. (Basically, being himself.) All of a sudden he just started whining and came to me so I picked him up. He settled down in my lap and put his head on my shoulder and watched for a few minutes. Too bad I didn't get a picture of this, because it was really adorable...The next thing I knew, he was asleep. He rarely does this anymore, so it was surprising. But it made my heart surge with love and it made me realize all over again just how much I love him. It is so hard to describe the feeling of holding your child while he is so peacefully dreaming. I think that it is the most wonderful feeling in the world. It made my day to have my little boy fall asleep in my arms!
No comments:
Post a Comment