Sunday, June 6, 2010

Starting a New Adventure

So, because Erik has been accepted to U of I... Naturally, we have to move. The original plan was to rent out our house around August and move up right after. But I started stressing out about not being able to rent it when we needed to, so we put it up for rent. And we got a lot of response and ended up signing a contract for much more than we had expected! The problem is, she needed it on the first of June and we signed the contract on the 26th of May. It was a little unfortunate, because we had about 4 days to move out and a family reunion for 3 of those days. It was a total whirlwind, but we got it done!

Our new renter is moved in, we are moved out and mooching off my parents for a little bit until I(in Erik's words), "Find the Taj Mahal for $200 a month". Well, that's a little extreme. My expectations were high, but I've been looking for two months and haven't found really ANYTHING that I've been willing to pay what is asked. Then last night, I found it! It's a 4 bedroom place in Pullman, WA (about 6 miles from Moscow) that fits in our budget and is nice and newer! I am very excited. Hopefully it all goes through, but I am supposed to sign on it tomorrow! Yay! If all goes according to plan, we will move mid-July.

No comments:

Post a Comment