So I am on the other side of my Associate's right now. The two classes I've started this week are Aspects of Psychology and Personal Finance Concepts. The credits from these classes will push me to 66 credits- HOORAY!!! I honestly don't mind going to school, and every now and then I even enjoy it, but since Wyatt came, I feel like there's just not enough of me. School is important, there's no doubt about it. But I am finished with it until I am done having kids and can spend the time they are away at school on my schoolwork.
Right now I am concerned that I am not focusing on my children the way that I want to and I am not being the best mother I can. I am constantly worrying about my schoolwork and rush through every activity with my kids. I don't spend time in the moment, I am just hurrying to get things done so that I can have time for homework.
The sad part is, I am not even getting any time to do homework. They have a coinciding nap in the early afternoon, which is when I could be doing it. Instead, I spend it showering and getting ready for the day. That is how pathetic my life has become- I don't get dressed until after noon. I can't wait until school is over and I can dedicate all of my time to my boys; the way it is supposed to be.
It is really hard to find balance in our lives. Good luck with it all!
ReplyDeleteJust make sure you apply for your associates and get that degree. That way, they can never take it away from you if they change the rules down the road. Good luck! Being a mommy is the best job!!! It is also the most important one you will ever have.
ReplyDelete