The Hatches' lives are on the move...
Erik has been accepted into the Fast Grad program at school. This means that he will be graduating in December this year as opposed to summer next year. He won't be completely finished with school, as he wants to go back and get a Master's degree. He won't be able to actually have his CPA designation until he has 150 credits, but it feels great to have BYU-Idaho out of the way faster.
FINALLY! My algebra class is over- and maybe I can start to enjoy life again. I still have one grade missing from my class, but the lowest grade possible for me to have obtained is a B. If I ace this last assignment, I will pull off a slick 90%- an A nonetheless. So keep your fingers crossed! Mine are! I am just feeling fabulous because of this... not to mention the fact that I have a whole week off from school! I really can't complain too much because my classes are relatively easy (5 weeks long, 4-6 credits per class) and I will graduate with my associate's by November.
That's nothing compared to what Erik is facing. His up and coming semesters hold 19-23 credits apiece and he expects to be working full-time. He is so good to this little family. He is working so hard so that I can be home with our children. We know that me being able to do this is a blessing and we feel that we have been blessed as well because we've made this decision.
Preston is busily growing and learning. He absolutely LOVES to read... He signs "book" to me at least 10 times a day. I swear I have read certain books to him so many times I have them memorized. But it's a wonderful thing that he likes to read. He is learning how to share- he loves to share his food and toys with us; he gets a big smile on his face as he feeds us, and it's easy to tell that it just makes him so happy.
I'm rounding the bases on this pregnancy- 6 weeks from today my doctor will induce me (if I choose, which I definitely WILL) if the little guy hasn't escaped by then. Hopefully he will have done so by then. I'm ready to be finished- the nights are getting longer and longer. Sleep and comfort refuse to come at the same time. If I am one, I am not the other. It's no use any longer to even try... The harder I try, the more difficult it is. But oh well- children are worth it, there's no question about that.
Hi Chelsi! I'm glad to hear school is coming to an end for Erik, and congrats on your A in your math class! Math is hard for me, too. I came over today, but missed you...I wanted to tell you thank you for the warning the other day. The world is so full of such scary and sick people and I'm so glad to have an observant neighbor and friend like you! Good luck with the end of your pregnancy, it is a good thing these little babies are so worth all the discomfort, isn't it!
ReplyDelete